Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, March 17, 2014

The closet of shame

We have this closet in our house that is an absolute disgrace.  It holds our water heater and vacuum and is a long triangle shape that make it difficult to get into regularly.  I must confess it has not been cleaned out in years.  Last time we were snowed in on a weekend AH moved everything out and I went through every bag, box and container in there.  After purging and and looking at all of it, it's back together and looks much better.  I can find what I want and know what is in each box.  I can get to what I need without fear of an avalanche of papers, boxes and pictures.  AH is mortified that I'm sharing the before picture but I'm willing to bet that plenty of you have a place in your home just like it, except my mother who is such a neat freak she puts Mr Clean to shame.  I unfortunately did not inherit those genes.

disaster before

after shelf space for more stuff

after

check out the retro wall paper

a place to hang purse on the back of the door


No comments:

Post a Comment