Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, March 28, 2014

sugar scrub cubes

I love the idea of sugar scrub in cube form.  One use and you don't have to keep putting your hands into a jar to scoop it out.  I've experimented with several different variations but most of them have turned out fragile and crumbly.  They just did not withstand handling.  That's not a good idea if you are going to pack a product and move it around.  This time I used VCB's newly formulated sugar scrub with coconut oil and glycerin along with glycerin soap.  I will pass these around to all our guinea pigs(friends and family) and see if it will be a viable product.  I'll let you know.
Not picture perfect yet, but I'm working on it. The scent is lemon sage one of our most popular, I love the color. Here I used an individual silicone brownie mold, I also tried ice cube trays and a shallow heart mold.  As my mama always says "if at first you don't succeed, try try again".

No comments:

Post a Comment