Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

out door decor

We don't usually do much to decorate the out side of the house for Christmas.  AH doesn't like to mess with lights or big displays so it's usually pretty simple.  I like to use fresh greenery and repurposed objects to show the holiday spirit.
Front door swag just tie together a handful of greens with tie wire add a bow and embellishments

.

Back door double swag .  Make two handfuls of greens and tie them together in the middle, add pine cones and big candy canes.

 I have two big, heavy pots that sit on each side of my back door.  I just piled my leftover greens on top and added big balls from the $store for sparkle and shine.  The dusty miller was still alive so I just let it stay for contrast.

Two 5' 1X8 fastened together with small boards on the back, I white washed them, added the word joy then antiqued and sanded the whole thing.  I printed the letters on my computer then transferred them onto the boards with good old fashioned carbon paper which I finally found at Staples 

Another big pot in front of my potting table filled with red twig dogwood from my yard.  You could use any twigs and spray paint them red.

Old enamel basin filled with leftover cedar cuttings.

No comments:

Post a Comment