Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, December 9, 2013

cannoli bar

I love cannoli, what I don't like is the hours it takes to make the shells.  All that rolling and wrapping and frying, ugh!  I decided to make the filling as a dip and let everyone add in their favorite goodies.  I set it up as a bar for dinner recently and it was a big hit.
Dip
1 15oz container ricotta cheese it is in the dairy case by the cottage cheese and sour cream
8oz plain Greek yogurt
4T powder sugar
1tsp vanilla
Mix every thing together and chill

Cannoli Bar
Chipped cherries, nuts, mini chocolate chip
glaceed fruit the kind you use in fruit cake
Orange zest
I just pile everything in bowls and put the dip in a bowl on a tray with cookies and fruit.
Serve with crisp cookies or waffle cone pieces along with fresh strawberries.  YUMMY


No comments:

Post a Comment