Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, December 20, 2013

divinty

I've tried many different recipes for divinity but I keep going back to this version I got from a WW2 era Betty Crocker cookbook.  It takes a long time but is well worth the effort.

2C sugar
1/2C water
1/2C white corn syrup
Put the syrup, water and sugar into a heavy pan and stir until the sugar dissolves then let it cook to 252 on a candy thermometer.
While that's cooking separate two eggs and beat the whites until they hold stiff peaks.  When the temp reaches 252 remove the pot from the heat and pour in a slow stream into the egg whites with the mixer running on low.  Bump the mixer up to high and beat until the mix is no longer shiny and will hold its shape when dropped from a spoon.  With my kitchen aid mixer it took about 45 min and I had to turn the mixer off several times to let it cool.  Add 2tsp vanilla and color if you want.  Drop by a teaspoon onto wax paper and let it cool.  Store in an air tight bag.



No comments:

Post a Comment