Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Green Christmas

When it comes to Christmas I am usually considered one of the Griswalds, you know, over the top in every room.  This year I've decided to go very simple in my decorating.  One tree, lots less ornaments, almost no Santas on display and using simple greens for most on my decor.
I cut greens like boxwood, spruce, pine and arbiviate to use in simple arrangements, swags and wreaths.  So far I'm happy with the way it has turned out.  Yes the kitties like to play with the greens and deconstruct the tree every day, that's why anything breakable is placed up high.

Show off a favorite ornament in a small bowl in a bed of greens.  The red chargers are $1.00 at Dollar Tree or Walmart

Glass totem lantern with a wreath of greens for the dinning table

Baby scale with a tray of greens and ornaments for a table.

I found this small tool box for 50 cents at a sale.  Pine cones and red twig dogwood sticks add texture and color.   Just stick a vase inside almost anything to use it to hold fresh flowers and greens.


Red vase, greenery on a white cabinet.  What could be simpler

Dusty says it's hard work taking those shiny things off that tree five times a day.


No comments:

Post a Comment