Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, December 23, 2013

glitter balls

I had some clear glass balls left from last year and tried a few experiments on them.  I love how they turned out even though this wasn't how I stated out wanting them to be.  These would be easy for kids to do.
Clear glass balls
acrylic paint
Glue
Glitter
Squeeze a little paint and a small amount of water into the balls and swirl around.  You can use one or two colors, drain and let dry.  Replace caps.
Brush the outside of the balls with glue mixed with water.  Don't make it drippy, just a thin coat.  Sprinkle on glitter in wide patches.  There is no easy, neat way to do this, so release your inner kid and go for it.  Hang to dry.  If you want you can spray them with clear spray to prevent the glitter from falling off.  I ran a bent open paper clip through the cap and hung them on my pot rack until they were dry.  You could just do one side at a time.




What won't work.  I started out swirling glue inside the balls, sprinkling in the glitter and letting that dry.  FAIL!  When I put the paint in to swirl around the next day it washed all the glitter off, so I went to plan B.  You can almost always try something again when crafting as in life it's just a different way to get where you want to go.  Or as my Mama would say "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again."

No comments:

Post a Comment