Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

mixed media project


I made this little piece to submit to a magazine for publishing.  Hope they like it.  The focus of the entry is suppose to be, use at least three different mediums and pull it together with stitching.  I started with a square of painters tarp, I printed one of my favorite sayings " you are closer to God in a garden than anywhere else on earth" all over the fabric using a paint pen.  I mounted that onto a slightly larger square of card stock as a base, which I had stamped.  I then decoupaged part of a floral napkin on top, added a small piece of vintage doily, lace and buttons .  I then stitched around the flowers and edges.  I made a tag from salt dough, painted it with nail polish for shine and hand printed the word bliss.  I tied the tag onto the piece.
Every thing on this speaks of me from the soft colors, flowers and pink to the verses and even the fabric.  That's the best way to do art, make it about what you know.  I've never done a mixed media piece before, so even if it doesn't get published I learned several new things.  Keeping your mind active is always a good thing.

pieces and parts

stamped back ground

Add caption
There is stitching around the flowers you can barely see.  Maybe it needs a few more buttons?

Now all I need to do is photograph it and send in my submission to the magazine next week..

No comments:

Post a Comment