Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

curb appeal

You hear a lot about curb appeal on design shows, especially if you are trying to sell a house.  We're not selling, but I thought it was time for the front entrance to have a little updating.  We had a couple of patches of dead grass next to the sidewalk(don't ask) so made those into little display beds with mulch.  I filled the flower boxes with bright flowers in pink, purple and white, along with ferns for softness. The same colors filled enamel pans sitting on old metal ice cream chairs. I added solar lights made from blue canning jars hung on hooks from the dollar store. The front door got a coat of aqua paint to match the outdoor furniture and I added a new wreath from Salvation Army..  A few extra touches and we have a new looking entrance to the house. The cost was less than $40 including the mulch and plants, I had everything else on hand. I'll do a tutorial on the solar lights and the crystal mushrooms next week.

Black doors are boring and white are impractical so why not blue, green or red for a pop of color.  That's Diva strolling up the walk.

flowers, metal chair, watering can and a crystal mushroom.  You can barely see the hanging jar light on the top far right

other side of the walk

No comments:

Post a Comment