Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, July 12, 2013

viral sign

I've stopped keeping track of how many pins this sign has gotten on Pinterest after a thousand..  I had pinned the original back in March and wanted to make my own version. The love verses from I Corinthians are some of my favorites.
 I used the back of a picture a friend had given me, I'm just not a traditional painting kind of girl.  The frame was originally bright gold so that had to go.  Then I painted a layer of red randomly across the board, next a layer of black.  I let those dry then and brushed on  a coat of crackle medium.  After that dried,
I added a layer of aqua, heavy in some areas, lighter in others.  I drew on lines for my spacing and printed up the lettering on the computer and transferred it to the board with carbon paper.  I used a paint pen to do the words varying the thickness for a hand printed look.  I wanted a hand made and primitive look so I went heavier on the crackle and paint layers.. I let it all dry overnight then carefully erased the pencil lines and carbon marks.  It now hangs in my living room over the couch.  Sorry the light wasn't great for picture taking.


No comments:

Post a Comment