Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, August 20, 2012

OH WOW

AH, several friends and I had the opportunity this last weekend to go to St Louis to the Fox theatre to see The Lion King.  Oh, Wow seem to come out of my mouth and pop into my brain over and over.  Now I love plays especially musicals so I go to see school and local theater productions pretty regularly.  The arts are so important in opening our minds and imaginations, so it's important to support local arts..  But distance and costs limit  the times I can see big scale, Broadway caliber shows.  
We took the tour of the Fox theatre in the morning.  If you get the chance to go, do it.  The tour told the history of this 1929 former movie palace and vaudeville home.  It was nearly torn down to make room for a parking lot in the late 70's and has been completely restored to what it was in it's heyday.
The tour was interesting but the show was just unbelievable.  This was a professional troupe and it was amazing    I could never imagine humans looking, acting and moving like animals.  The cast was so talented and the music by Elton John was great.  How someone can take a cartoon and turn it into this show really boggles the mind.  So of course my brain keeps coming up with OH WOW.  No pictures allowed but use your imagination to see the wild animals

No comments:

Post a Comment