Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

liquid soap

This may need to be under VCB because that's why I first started working on it.  We had several people ask for liquid soap, so I decided to make something natural and with out all the sulfates, chemicals and parabens.  By far this has been the most difficult product  have tried to develop.  It seems simple enough, a bar of solid castile coconut soap, water, glycerin, salt, scent and color.  I have made batch after batch, I have the cleanest bunch of neighbors and friends(guinea pigs), and still couldn't get it right.  Finally success.  Every different essential oil changes the thickness of the base soap.  What is great liquid soap without any scent, turns almost solid when you add pink grapefruit or green tea.
 I think God was just playing with my patience and perseverance.  Everything can't come easy and it's worth working harder to ahve what your looking for.
After I finally had a silky wonderful soap I decided to mix it with the lemon sugar scrub for bathing bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment