Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, August 13, 2012

new toy

I've seen so many crafts with wine bottles lately, I wanted to try a few out.  A friends nephew works for a local winery and she brought me 5 cases of empty bottles.  Bless her heart she even cleaned them and removed the labels.  I bought a bottle cutter at Hobby Lobby for $14 with a 40% coupon and got to cutting.
It's a little more complicated than it looks at first but I got the hang of it and made these bottle  cloches.  I can see them along a table at our next outdoor party with tea lights.  I even can use the leftover bottoms for candle holders.


I added jadeite saucers for a pop of color.
For a first time I thought these turned out pretty good.  I only ruined 4 bottles getting these 5 cloches.

No comments:

Post a Comment