Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

cheap softener

In my ongoing quest to lower our spending and use less comercial cleaning supplies I came up with this.  It looks like an old rag that needs to be tossed(AH and my mother have both tried)  It's just an old strip torn from a towel. You could use a wash cloth or dish towel the same way.  I poured about 1T of fabric softener on it several time and threw it in the dryer.  Now I pour about 1T more softener on it every6-8 times I use it.  I have the same jug of softener for at least 6 months and it's still half full.

No comments:

Post a Comment