Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, August 27, 2012

Clipped wings

Last week while driving to town, my vision began to blur, I was seeing double, dizzy and sick to my stomach.  I kept driving with one eye closed the rest of the way into town.  I was out in the middle of nowhere and debating with myself if I should stop and call an ambulance or keep going to my Drs office.  You know you don't have a lot of rational thought when you think you might be having a heart attack or stroke.  Bless the office staff, they got me laid down and had an ambulance there in a few minutes.  Off we went to the hospital.  Hours of tests, waiting and freaked out family later they couldn't tell me what was wrong.  What was right is I had not had a heart attack, stroke, seizure, brain tumor or anything else they could find.  After a long and mostly sleepless night (If they have you hooked up to all kinds of monitors why do they have to keep checking your vitals every hour)  I saw an eye doctor who diagnosed that I had a micro mini stroke in my right eye.  He fitted my glasses with a prism to help the double vision, told me to take it easy and sent me on my way.  The nerves should regenerate in a few weeks but could take up to a year.  In the meantime I have double vision, bluring,balance problems and severe headaches.  On top of that it is difficult to read, work on the computer and no driving.  I will continue this blog as I can but not being able to see well puts a crimp on being able to craft, cook, sew or run around.
I'm not really gripping(well maybe a little), I am so grateful to all the hospital staff and my family for taking such good care of me.  Mostlly I'm grateful to God for this not being something much more awful.  Who knows why things happen?  Maybe I need to take better care of myself, maybe this was a wakeup call for someone else.  Count your blessings every day, a split second could change your life forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment