Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

wonderful surprise

I will always say I have wonderful friend.  They don't bribe me to say that either.  Last week two of my friends Kathy and Nina surprised me big time with a wonderful gift.  When they came for dinner they arrived with boxes of the most beautiful Fostoria lead crystal.  There is service for 16 of wine and water glasses, bowls, dinner plates and dessert plates. It is the pattern American in clear.   I didn't count it all but when I washed it the counter was full.  Mutual friends were down sizing and going to pitch these beautiful dishes until my girls grabbed them.  The pictures don't do these wonderful dishes justice, but even simple food tastes better on crystal.

glasses and bowls and plates oh my!!

Pretty table setting

Even a simple pasta tastes better on crrystal

My gift givers Nina and Kathy
 I am so blessed to have these two women in my life even if they never brought me a gift but I'm so glad they did.  A special thanks to Larry Williams and Steve McQueen for letting go of these beautiful dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment