Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, June 9, 2014

Mike and Cathy's garden

My BIL and SIL have a beautiful garden so I shot a few pics the last time we visited.  Everything is manicured, edged, mulched and spot less.  I don't think a weed would dare to invade.  This is so not my cottage, jumbled, junk filled style but I can appreciate how beautiful their garden is and how hard they have worked to make it this way.  Let's take a tour

Old tub tilted on its side and planted

beautiful flowers, brick paths and edging

Japanese iris and lilies 


dry creek bed that made a low spot in the yard into a feature instead of a problem spot

more of the creek bed I love the stacked stones in the top left corner

little foot bridge, beautiful pot of flowers and solar lights

They have put these faces on several of the trees through out the garden, an unexpected surprise and some thing to look for as you take a stroll.

Just because a garden, home design or color is not your style you can still appreciate it and get inspired to try something different in your home or garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment