Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

dragon fly

I had seen this gigantic dragon fly on Pinterest and knew I had to have at least one or two.  They were easy to make once I had all the materials together.

4 fan blades
1 table leg
1 wood ball
1 wood finial
assorted metal and wood pieces for details
paint
clear spray sealer

I did all the painting first and then assembled everything together.  The antenna is a lamp harp and the eyes are washers and nuts.  Just screw or glue everything, spray with sealer and add a hanger to the back. I would not hang this directly outside but should be fine in a protected area..  I'm hanging this on a window under an overhang on our sun room wall that faces our drive.

white dragon fly
1 table leg
brass screen wire
finial and wood ball
metal and wood pieces
paint and spray sealer

I had found the brass screen wire at a thrift shop and loved how it looked.  It made the wings a little small. but I really like how she turned out. This is nasty stuff to work with.  The edges are sharp!  Wear gloves and fold the rough edges over about 1/8" and press down firmly.  Assemble as above.







No comments:

Post a Comment