Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, August 19, 2013

corn fritters

Because I rarely fry anything I had never made corn fritters.  I saw them on TV and they looked tasty so I gave it a shot.
You will need:

2C corn fresh off the cob or frozen
1 egg
1/2 flour maybe a little more
2-3T milk
Salt and pepper to taste
oil for frying

mix everything together and refrigerate at least 1 hour  the mix should be loose but not runny
Heat a skillet and add just enough oil to cover the bottom about 1/4"  Drop the corn mix by tablespoon into the oil, fry, flipping over when the bottom is golden and crisp.
Drain on paper towel  season
Serve with sour cream, salsa or apple sauce.  We liked ours plain..


No comments:

Post a Comment