Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Home made goo gone

I'm always trying to get sticky tags and labels off of the things I buy.  When I came across this recipe for Goo Gone, which runs about $4.00 per bottle, I just had to try it.
1C baking soda
1/4C coconut oil  you may need to add a little more if it seems too stiff
Mix together into a smooth paste.  Rub onto your sticky stuff and let sit for at least 10 minutes.  Wash off using a couple of drops of dish soap, you may need to use a scrubbie pad, rinse well.
I stored mine in a clean deli container under the sink.  It even worked on some dried up art brushes that were rock hard and ready to be tossed, I let those sit over night.





No comments:

Post a Comment