Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, August 16, 2013

vcb


Rose water part two

I told you the first batch of homemade rose water molded while we were gone.  Yuck!  But I'm not one for giving up so I tried again with a couple of changes.  I did not wash the petal, it had rained the night before and we do not use sprays on our garden.  I brought 3 quarts of distilled water to a boil, turned off the heat and added 3-4 qts of rose petals.  I covered the pot and left it about 2 hours until the color was gone from the petals.  I strained the liquid 3 times to remove the solids the last time with a coffee filter.  After the water cooled I added 1C of glycerin and 1/2C vodka.  It didn't have much smell so I added a few drops of rose oil to the mix.  It's a beautiful soft rosy pink.  I'm hoping this works because many great beauty recipes call for rose water and it is stinkin expensive.
I mixed a small jar with half water half witch hazel and have been using it twice a day for 2 weeks now and my skin has never felt softer or smoother.  


No comments:

Post a Comment