Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, August 2, 2013

BIG MESS

This post could also be called "the danger of being a guinea pig".  As owners of Vintage Cottage Beauty, Kathy and I are always on the lookout for new ingredients and methods that might lead to new products.  I came across a blog post recently touting the greatness of coconut oil.  This is good stuff and great in many different ways.  What it is not, is a good hair masque.  I rubbed pure coconut oil into my hair on just the ends, wrapped it in a damp towel for 30 minutes and washed my hair, tree time in the shower.  It was still a greasy, stringy mess.  It was late so I went to bed only to find an oil slick on my pillow case the next morning.  I washed my hair again with regular shampoo, still greasy.  Washed again with Dawn and more shampoo.  At that point it was starting to look better.  Maybe after another wash today it will be back to normal.
There will be NO coconut hair masque as a new product for VCB.  We are always our own first guinea pigs, then we move on to friends and family, tweaking our recipes along the way.  Only after weeks or months of this kind of testing do we finally bring out a new  product.  And you all thought the beauty business was easy and we were just mixing up simple lotions and potions in our kitchen

You can buy coconut oil in any grocery store, usually by the shortening and oils or  in the baking aisle 

No comments:

Post a Comment