Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, June 17, 2013

family time

What a weekend.  First my parents, sister and brother in law arrive on Friday.  That was after five hours of cooking and cookie baking for me and five hours of driving for them..  In the afternoon we decide to go to the big city junking and my van is full. Dinner was pizza from our favorite place no more cooking for me that day.  Saturday morning started out quiet enough but it was soon time to pack up all the goodies I made and all the people and head towards my cousins house for a mini family reunion of my Dad's brothers and sisters and a few cousins.  We arrived home that afternoon to a house full of all the kids, grand kids, and in-laws.  They  managed to grill burgers and hot dogs in the pouring rain.  After a full evening of eighteen people in house, a huge thunder storm came through in the middle of the night waking almost everyone and freaking out all the animals. We were up at the crack of dawn making bacon, sausage and pancakes for thirteen.  When everyone left and the kitchen was almost back to normal AH and I fell on the couch and recline for a well deserved rest.  I love my family and enjoy having them around but it's so quiet after everyone leaves I can finally breath a sigh of relief.
Family is one of life's greatest joys.  Spending time to build those connections and memories is so important and will stay with you all your life.  Yes we fuss and squabble just like all families, but life is too short to carry feuds and grudges that tear families apart.  Most of those arguments aren't that important.   As I looked at my extended family of aunts and uncles I can remember visits from my childhood and feel how quickly life goes by.  

Dads brothers and sisters.  

siblings and spouses

just a tiny portion of my cousins


No comments:

Post a Comment