Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, June 21, 2013

mini bathroom redo

Our half bath is really tiny 3X5, you can literally sit on the potty and wash your hands at the same time.  It is in need of new paint but I just haven't taken the time to get the job done.  I did this mini make over in less than two hours for less than $20.  I cleaned off the shelves and tried to purge then reorganize everything into bins I already had.  I replaced the heavy mirror with a wire mirror and shelf I picked up at Goodwill for $4.00.  I replaced the wall of little mirrors with one larger etched glass piece, another GW $4.00 find. I added a couple of new hand towels for $3.00 each.   Finally I made a new skirt for the sink from some left over fabric.
Right now the walls are a sage green that was in the kitchen and living room.  I probably will paint it the same spring green those rooms are now.  I will finally get the painting done, but until then the powder room has a fresh new look for just a little time and cash.


Before mirror over sink and light fixture, I may repaint  the light  maybe a brushed steel color

before side wall lots of little mirrors

after sink, skirt, and mirror shelf.

after side wall


reorganized shelves

No comments:

Post a Comment