Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

glass attack

I've been so busy in the yard that I've done very little crafting lately.  On the last rainy day I made up for that with a pile of new garden art.  Witches balls, bird baths and crystal mushrooms were on the agenda.  I'm still making adjustments and having a few problems with glue but the projects are turning out beautiful.
I've been picking up vases, fish bowls, and old ugly lamps with glass bases at thrift stores and rummage sales..  In places like England, Ireland and Scotland any glass ornament set on a decorative base is called a witches ball and they are set outside to ward off bad spirits.  I just like them because they are pretty and sparkle.
magic mushrooms

another mushroom and the bottom is a bird bath

green is a fish bowl I swirl painted and sat on a candle stand.  The red is a witches ball made of lamp parts


lamp parts spray painted inside on another lamp base  make a great witches ball.



No comments:

Post a Comment