Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

fairy garden

While KT was here last week we spent an entire afternoon planning and making a fairy garden for her to take home,  We both had a ball going through my junk and walking around the yard finding just the right pieces to use.  Fairies are very particular don't you know.  I had picked up an oil changing pan at DT to use as a base.  Because this garden was not going to be filled with plants, we picked up big chunks of bark to fill the bottom,  We then added a house made from a plastic bowl covered with moss, a table made from a can, stools from spools with button seats and a classy umbrella.  We did add two polka dot plants in tiny pots, rocks, silk flowers and berries, a path and lots of moss to fill in the empty spots.  We even found a fairy who only come to life at night to add.  The fairy left a note and candy in the house when weren't looking.  I'm sure the notes a treats will continue as long as the fairy is happy.  The phrase less is more has no meaning to a seven year old mind so I tried to keep me design opinions to myself and just enjoy the fun.






No comments:

Post a Comment