Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, June 14, 2013

painting fun

I have people ask me all the time where I find such perfect junk.  Believe me, at the prices I want to pay for things not much of it is perfect.  I look at things with an eye for how I can make it better.  Many times spray paint is the answer.  That's what I did with these two tables and plant stand.  The tables were $6.00 for the pair and the plant stand was an end of the day steal at $1.00.  One can of spray primer at $3.50 and two cans of paint one in jade and one in grass green for $3.50 each.  The biggest problem with getting the tables done were the gale force winds we have had for days on end.  One coat of primer, two coats of paint and for under $18.00 I have three beautiful pieces.
One of the biggest rules for rummage sale shopping is if you like it grab it that second before someone else finds it.  You can always put it back if you change your mind.









No comments:

Post a Comment