Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, May 20, 2013

Good by

When AH and I moved to this house we had seven hard maples in the yard.  Age and disease have taken then down one by one.  This week the last tree was cut down.  It had been struck by lightening and was rotten most of the way through.  We knew it would have to come down soon.  The power company tree trimmers were working in the area and offered to cut it down for free.  Much as we hated to see it go, we let them cut, it saved us having to pay $1000+ to have it done later.  I hate the way the side yard looks now, but we will plant a new tree in the next couple of weeks.  Now I have a new opportunity to redecorate the space and plenty of fire wood.  Where are my strong young sons when we have this kind of heavy work to do???



Even bad things that happen can be great new opportunities if you let them.

No comments:

Post a Comment