Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

holiday wreaths

My friend Kathy's birthday was last week and I wanted to make her something she could enjoy not just for Christmas but for all the winter season.  She had admired a wreath at a recent craft show we went to so I used that idea as my inspiration.
I bought basic green wreaths  and picked up some picks, flowers and snowflakes at the dollar store.

fluff the branches of the wreath to give it a fuller look


I like to put all of my materials in front of me before I start, here I'm using 2 kinds of little white flowers. Just hot glue them in so the bottoms are nestled into the wreath.


Add your focal materials.  Here I've used frosted looking fruit picks.


The last detail I added was 4" snowflakes and gold berries.  Yes that's my head casting the shadow.  I'm still not a good photographer.


The final product. 
The wreaths can be used through the winter season, on a door, as a candle ring or 2 wreaths stacked one above the other on a door or wall.  Total cost $15.00for the pair because I bought everything new.  Total time 35 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment