Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

solid hand lotion

Vintage Cottage Beauty will be making our first official public appearance at the Vendor Blender at Arthur, Il  Saturday, November 19 from 10-3.  If you're in the area stop by and say Hi and check out all the wonderful home based businesses in the area.
One of the products that is unique for us is solid lotion.  It's 100% natural and makes your hands and feet feel fabulous.  I'd love for you to buy it from us but if your into making your own things this is the recipe.

Melt equal parts of cocoa butter, bees wax and olive oil over hot water until liquid.  Add what ever healing or beneficial oils and essential oils you want, pour into molds and let harden.  Remove from mold and let sit on the counter for 24 hours.  If you're like me and have feet that get really dry  and cracked, especially in the winter this is the stuff for you.  I rub this all over my feet after I shower and put on socks.  No more cracks all last winter.  Mom puts it on her feet when she gets into bed and says it doesn't stain her sheets even without socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment