Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

family blessings


I've said many times that I've been abundantly blessed to have the family I've been given.  I grew up knowing I was loved and cherished not only by my parents, but also by my grandparents and a whole batch of aunts and uncles.  This last weekend we had the opportunity to visit with a few of them.  My parents came down from the big city for a few days and we arranged to meet a couple of the aunts and uncles.  We had a great lunch and a wonderful time catching up.  We are a chatty group and the restaurant probably thought we would never leave.  So many of the family have already passed away that it is even more precious every time we can be together. We were celebrating my fathers birthday.  Today is Dads 88th birthday, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY, I LOVE YOU.
My sister and brother and I mention frequently that we are so lucky to have parents that are healthy, active, still living in their own home and able to handle everything life offers them.  They are both amazing,  a little weird and wacky(you know I had to get it from somewhere) but absolutely fabulous.  
Dad and Uncle Harold, sorry Uncle Ken your pic didn't come out



Of course I caught Mom with her mouth open she's always chatting


Aunts Lorane and Bessie





The birthday guy
If you still have your family with you give them a hug and an I love you, they deserve it just for being around.



No comments:

Post a Comment