Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

winner, winner, roast beef dinner

This is another of my crock pot favorites.  Here's what you need:
Beef roast about 2-3#
1# carrots
2 onions
5-6 potatoes
3 beef bouillon cubes
garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

Peel and cut the vegies into pieces about the size of a golf ball.
Put roast and vegetables into the pot it doesn't matter what order just dump them in.  Add the seasoning, cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.  I don't mess with it but if you want the juices in the pot to be more like gravy turn on high about 1 hour before eating and add 2T of cornstarch mixed with water to make a slurry and put that in the pot, bring to a boil and simmer with the lid off until thickened.  I just dump the juice on everything and serve in a bowl.  This makes enough that I usually have hot roast beef sandwiches a few nights later, that when I thicken the juices into gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment