Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

family fun

Our son Nathan wanted to take his wife on a trip for her birthday so we spent several days staying with the kids.  I know I'm biased but these are some of the best behaved kids I've ever been with.  They did what they were asked and never gave us a second of trouble.  We had so much fun with them and while they were in school we even had time to explore parts of the big city we usually don't have time for.  We checked out old parts of the city including a farmers market that has been in business since 1779.  While there had the best ham and cheese on croissant we had ever eaten.  Then we found the candy shop where of course we had to buy some of the hand made turtles.
We had the kids cooking and tasting new foods.  J made chocolate covered strawberries, C made baked cookies and we made stuffed baked potatoes one night and real not out of a jar spaghetti another.  Hopefully we made memories with them, that's far more important than anything else we could give them.  Their new puppy is a pain but cute as she can be, once she grows up a little bit and learns some manners she will be great.  My one regret is the nasty cold I managed to bring back with me.

the strawberries were delicious

this kids likes to try new things, he now loves peas and caramelized onions

Lexus is very sweet but I have bruises where she stomped on my feet and Diva is still ticked off.

No comments:

Post a Comment