Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, February 6, 2015

kitchen update

As I am writing this it is February first and we are almost at the end of week four of the remodel.  No decisions yet on the counter top but we are making progress.  New electrical is in, side panels are stained and ready to be installed.  All of the top cabinets are in, the bottom cabinets are set and the concrete board is being installed as I write.  By the end of the day we should have a template ready for making a counter top decision.  We need to make another trip to Menards but it is snowing too hard to do that today.  When we go we will order hardware, get plywood to cut all new shelves, there aren't enough shelves and they are made of MDF which could sag or warp so we are replacing them.  We probably will also pick up the white subway tile we are using for the back splash.  Every time we hit Menards or Home Depot we manage to spend several hundred dollars but we are still on budget, hope that continues.  I've been researching pull outs and storage accessories like spice racks on the doors but I want to wait until every thing is installed before I decide on those.  The next big project is spraying the insides of the cabinets with urethane.  I think it would be fine to just do the bottoms but AH wants to cover every thing. I will have to leave and go shop or hang out with a friend when he does that, it makes me sick   Maybe I'm seeing a little light at the end of the tunnel.

Dusty enjoying a new place to hang out

So much to check out

stuff every where  that green cabinet is holding all out food

from living room to north wall  that empty space will hold open shelves when we are finished

most cabinets in





Yep it still looks like a construction site



No comments:

Post a Comment