Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

brownie brittle

I picked up a bag of brownie brittle at the grocery store and loved it, but at $3.99 for 5oz it was not going to be a regular thing.  I Googled a few recipes and made my own from a mix.  Crispy, chocolaty and crunchy, YUM.
1 box brownie mix that fits a 9X13 pan
1/4C water and oil
1 egg
Nuts or chocolate chips optional I used 1C of chips
Mix together then spread as thin as possible in a parchment lined cookie sheet
Bake at 350 30-40 minutes until the edges start to feel crisp.  Turn off the oven and let the pan sit in there for 2-3 hours.  Remove from parchment and break into chunks.  At 1 Carb for 1 oz and 120 calories it makes a great snack, unless you crumble it on ice cream then it goes higher. Store in an air tight bag.


No comments:

Post a Comment