Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, February 13, 2015

junkin finds

Rummage sale season hasn't started yet so i need to get my junkin fix at thrift stores.  There is a lot of junk in these kind of stores so you really have to look deep to find great bargains, especially if you plan to resell some of the finds.  Here was my haul last week.

pretty crystal ugly brass this is an easy fix with a little paint $8 for 2

lead crystal vase 11" high 7" across $3

I had been watch this set of sliver plate for months.  It was priced way too high  to begin with but I waited and it finally came down to $24 for the set.  Missing 1 knife and the salad forks but I probably will make it into jewelry so I don't care.

Two huge 24-26" high galvanized flower buckets on the clearance rack at Menards originally marked $36 each I got the pair for $16.  Imagine them upside down with a tray or pizza pan attached.  They would make some pretty funky out door tables
Always check the clearance rack in stores, you never know what bargains you'll find.

No comments:

Post a Comment