Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, December 1, 2014

signapalozza

I recently stated selling my projects in a consignment store.  While I had a long relationship in the 80's and 90's with something similar I was wary of doing it again.  I had heard all the stories of places "loosing" products and significant damage to items being common.  Home Again in Charleston. is an upscale store with  everything  clean and beautifully displayed.  A friend who is one of their artists suggested I give it a try so I did.  I already had the merchandise, so I took a car load down to see what they had to say.  They loved what I brought and when I mentioned that I made signs they asked if I could have a few ready by small business Saturday four days away with Thanksgiving in the middle of it.  I made a quick call to my local lumber yard, they cut every thing to size then delivered it to my backdoor, what service.  Let the base coating begin, the longest part of the whole project is waiting for the paint to dry.  I hand painted the lettering, sanded, antiqued, added hangers then finished everything off with a good cleaning.  We delivered all five signs before noon on Friday.  I hope they sell well, I think any of them would make a great Christmas gift.


I added a Santa hat to this one

a small green wreath went over the O 


a small lace heat ornament was attached in the corner, I like to add little extra thing to add some interest
A new experience helps you grow.  Some times it can be scary or a little more work but is usually worth it.  And if it isn't you know not to do that particular thing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment