Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

cranberry goodness

I try to find a couple of different things to make for the holidays each year.  When I saw this cranberry liqueur I though of a few friends that would love it.  It can be sipped straight, mixed with orange juice and champagne for a mimosas, and  poured over pound cake, fruit or ice cream.
Here's what you need:
3 bags fresh cranberries
3C sugar
3C water
zest of 1 orange
Mix all together and cook on med until the berries are soft, remove from heat and let cool
Pour into a glass gallon jar and cover with 8C of vodka, cover.  You can divide this into smaller jars if you need to, leave out part of the vodka if you don't have enough room in the jar.  Be sure to use glass not plastic.  Let it sit for 4-5 days shaking 1-2 times a day.  When the liqueur is done, strain through a fine mesh strainer or a regular strainer with a coffee filter added.  Add in the extra vodka if you didn't have room for it before.  Decant into 1 liter bottles.  I used these cute bottles I found on clearance but you could also use wine bottles.  Keep well chilled.  I don't know how long this will keep, it has enough alcohol in it that it should be fine, but just in case you might want to use it quickly.  if your'e giving it away add a cute tag with serving suggestions.


No comments:

Post a Comment