Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, December 5, 2014

happy birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful mother Betty King.  She is the true heart of our family and when (and if) I ever grow up I'd want to be just like her.  She was a pioneer for women s rights by being the first generation of working Moms when that was not common or cool.  She drug three kids all around the world following my Dads military career when she was in her early twenties and thirties.  She packed up and moved more times than I can count and always made where ever we were feel like home.  She had a decades long career while never making any of us feel like she wasn't there for us.  She is a caretaker, open, friendly and can shop my sis and I under the table.  Her pies and cookies are legendary.  At 80+ it amazes me that she can still get down on the floor, play with her great grand kids then get up.  In our family we call her the energizer bunny, she keeps going and going until she stops.  Then you will glance over and see her taking five as she calls it.  Sound asleep for just a few minutes gathering energy to go again.  Love you Mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment