Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, December 12, 2014

how I spent my Saturday

Last Saturday AH had to work, so I decided to stay home and try to get a few Christmas goodies started.  By 8:00 I had the critters fed, dog out, clothes on, bed made sudoku's done, paper read, kitchen and living room picked up.  I stated with cheater cakes, which are mixes I added extra goodies to.  This time it was chocolate pound cake, almond apricot pound cake and pumpkin bread, 12 loaves total. After I finished those and cleaned up after myself, no small feat, I stated boiling cans of condensed milk 4 hours to make turtles.  As those started I made 14 pounds of fudge.  Yeah, 14 pounds.  We won't eat it all, we give it away to friends, family, neighbors and AH's workers.  The pumpkin bread will be wrapped in a tea towel with a jar of homemade apple butter.  The rest of the breads and candy will go on goodie trays.  Plenty more to make, but this did make a big dent.  Next family ornaments, a wreath for the back door, table arrangements and swags.  Whew an elf's work is never done.  To me this is the best part of Christmas, being able to give to those I love, that and the fudge, I do love fudge!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment