Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, April 8, 2013

sometimes a girl has gotta whine

Anyone who knows me well would never categorize me as a hypochondriac.  I'm not overly obsessive about my health and I'm not much of a complainer.  BUT I HAVE HAD IT!!!
After knee replacement surgery along with a few complications  a pinched nerve and pulled muscle that made every move painful, now I have the shingles.  I have not felt like a normal person since the first week in January.  Mostly I'm feeling abused and mistreated with a big dose of why me.  I'm even starting to feel like the lepers of Biblical times must have felt.  Even AH has started making comparisons to Job.  Well why not me?  What have I ever done in my life to be excused from difficult times? I'm a relatively nice  caring person.  I love my family friends and community.  I will bend over backwards to help anyone.   But who am I to be given a perfect life?  God says even believers are not guaranteed a problem free time on earth.  All I can do is keep believing that everything happens for reasons we can not understand and to continue to praise the Lord even for the bad things that have happened This is very difficult, but I am trying.  If anyone out there can think of something to praise about shingles, please let me know.
If you have never had shingles and you are over the age of 50 get the shot as soon as possible. Yes they are expensive, but one trip to the Dr and the medication involved come up to the same price. Your chances of contracting shingles are one in three.  While I had a mild dose of this in my twenties nothing in my life has prepared me for such pain.  Imagine intense burning, itching and stabbing pain that there is no relief from.  Now add in the muscle aches, chills and fatigue of the worst flu you ever had.  That's shingles.  I've been told that it might go away in a few weeks or months.  It might last the rest of my life.  Sounds like hell on earth to me.  For now I hope I can help at least one person avoid this nasty disease.  I will keep on praying for this to be over. I hope that God can use this in me in some way, follow doc orders and keep taking my meds.  I'm trying to live as normal a life as I can and trying to take better care of myself.  If you see me and I seem more dopey that usual chalk it up to medication, and give me a hug.  I am contagious to no one and could use some sympathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment