Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, April 12, 2013

sign update

This sign is one of my most popular post on the blog and Pinterest.  After two years in the full sun it was time for a little TLC.  I gave it a good bath, let it dry and then went to work on the letters.  I used magic markers to go over each letter.  I did mine free hand but you could use a ruler if you need perfect straight lines.  A quick coat of clear poly and it's ready for it's spring debut.  Now many people would just give this a toss in the trash.  It was old, dirty and faded.  Not me this will be around until I'm sick of it, repaint it  or it falls apart.

before with faded letters

After clean and bright

It's been in the same place for the last two years, maybe it needs to find a new home.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment