Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, March 26, 2012

pasta primavera

Spring has sprung and that's the theme of all my posts this week.  I've been off from school for the week for spring break and the weather has been fabulous.  Time for spring cleaning, yard work and summer time foods like this pasta primavera.
Poach or grill 4 chicken breasts or take the meat off a roast chicken.
Cook 1# of fetuchini according to package directions and set aside.
In a large pot saute 1 large chopped onion and red pepper in 2T butter add 2-3 cloves chopped garlic.  Add 1/2# of finely chopped carrots and asparagus if you like it.  I couldn't find any fresh at the store so I left it out.
Add 2C of your favorite fresh or frozen vegetables.  I used peas and corn.  Add in 2C chicken stock or use the water you poached the chicken in.  Simmer everything until the vegies are tender.  Make a roux of 3T corn starch and cold water and mix into the pot.  Add 1C milk.  Simmer everything until it's slightly thickened, watch close it can burn easily at this point. Add in freshly grated Parmesan, salt and pepper to taste.  I like cheese so there's about a cup in this.  Quickly put the pasta back in the hot water just to reheat.  Put into bowls.  Serve topped with additional cheese and chopped fresh parsley. YUMMY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment