Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

faux mercuty glass

I love the look of mercury glass.  The antique things or even the new are very expensive.  I saw this in a magazine and thought I'd give it a try.  Pick up some clear glass at thrift shops or rummage sales.  Try to get things that have lots of texture and interest.  Wash everthing with soap and water and dry.  Spray the inside of the glass lightly with a 50/50 mix of vinegar and water, drain but don't dry.  Go outside and spray 2-3 light coats of silver mirror finish paint on the inside.  Let dry.  That's it, easy as can be.  Of course if you want to put flowers or food in any of the pieces you will have to use a glass or bowl as a liner.


before

after

No comments:

Post a Comment