Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, March 19, 2012

great news

If you're a regular reader you have probably heard this, since I've been shouting it from the roof tops, but just in case.  One of my craft projects is going to be published in a national magazine.  You can read about the project here at tote bag February 2, 2011.  I sent this off to Sommerset Life, an art magazine that  I love.  This is the first time I've ever sent anything to a publication.   I thought the bag was cute and it followed the guide lines of using flour sack towels as the base for a project.
I was totally shocked when I got an email from them asking for permission to publish the bag along with an article that I have to write about what inspired me, how it was made and how will I use it.  I've got the rough draft done and sent off to an English teacher friend of mine for tweaking.  If nothing else ever comes of it it's a huge boost to my ego and an incentive to get off my buns and create more without letting self doubt or fear hold me back.  What's holding you back from doing what you love.?After the magazine comes out in July, believe me you will see it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment