Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, November 21, 2014

Plants


I have several plants that live on our patio under the shade cloth during the nice weather.  With a hard freeze coming it is time to bring them inside for the winter.  I water each plant and give them a good spray, top to bottom, to remove any bugs that may have set up home in them.  I let them dry for a couple of days, do any trimming or dead leaf removal that is necessary, then bring them into the sun room for a few days before moving them to their permanent winter home.  I bought several oil pans from the dollar store this year to put under the really big pot to catch any water overflow.  I put the plants where they can get as much light as possible and far away from heat vents.


No comments:

Post a Comment