Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, November 24, 2014

making a bouquet

 I like having a bouquet of fresh flowers on the table when we do shows.  They add a touch of nature and freshness to all those plastic bottles and jars.  People comment on them and can use the table with the pretty flowers as a reference point to return to our booth.  I like to do purple, lavender or white, but sometimes the right colors are just not available, then you just go with what looks pretty and will be long lasting.  This is the last vase I did and how I styled it a couple of different ways until I got the look I wanted.  Some times you just have to try different things out to get the look you want.

Just the flowers, OK but not too interesting I added a bunch of greenery but that pic didn't turn out

baby's breath and mini  flowers mixed in, too cluttered and over done  Yes you can mix silks in with fresh flowers and it will be fine
I finally settled on a few boxwood sprigs and red twig dogwood branches with the leaves removed.   The look was natural and not too fussy or over styled.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment