Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

lasagna soup

Fall and winter are soup time around here and I'm always on the look out for new recipes.  This one is definitely a keeper.

1# Italian sausage
1 onion chopped 2 cloves garlic chopped
2 cans fire roasted tomatoes
2 tsp oregano
3/4# wide noodles cooked and drained but you could use any pasta
6C chicken broth
2T olive oil
Brown the sausage in the olive oil, cook onion and garlic until translucent
Add the rest of the ingredients and cook through about 20 minutes
In the meantime make the cheesy topping
2C ricotta cheese
1/2C Parmesan cheese
1T olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Serve the soup with a big dollop of the topping and fresh chopped basil add a big piece of garlic bread and you are set.
I think the next time I make this I may add some mushrooms just cause we like them


No comments:

Post a Comment