Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, February 28, 2014

tie bracelet

Every time I wear one of these bracelets everyone who sees them makes a comment or wants to know where to buy them.  I only have 2 so far so I need to get more bracelet blanks and make some for an upcoming show.
Here's what you need
1 metal bracelet blank, these are 11/2" aluminum from Oriental trading
Leather strip or grosgrain ribbon  as long as the bracelet and about 1" wide
Craft glue and contact cement
Wire for adding beads
Old jewelry, buttons, beads
Old tie
Make a paper template of the bracelet 1" wider and longer than the blank
I went about 9" from the point of the tie and cut a piece the length of the template, I am going to use the pointed end of the tie to make a little gift bag.
Remove any stitching and lining, press.  Cut out your template
Lay the fabric over the front side bracelet and start gluing on the inside,on each end, miter corners and glue each side, press firmly and use clothes pins to hold the tie fabric in place.  I used Tacky glue for this step.

While the glue is drying decide how you want to embellish the front.  Fro the red and blue bracelet I wired 3 beads from an old necklace onto thin wire and just wrapped the wire with the beads around the front, be sure to secure the wire on the back side.  For the brown and blue tie I used a charm, two broken earrings and a wire piece I had in my stash.  I glue all these pieces together. let them dry then glued to the bracelet.  Finish with the leather or ribbon ans lining on the inside to cover up all the raw edges.  Be sure to let every step dry completely before moving on to the next step.  Let the finished bracelet dry for 24 hours before wearing.




No comments:

Post a Comment