Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, February 21, 2014

Satin skin dusting powder

I was talking to my 20 something neighbor the other day and she had no idea what dusting powder was.  I think it's time for that to change.  We had made  the powder for VCB when we began but had dropped it the first year for lack of sales.  I love it and have several friends and family members who feel the same, so I have continued to make it.  Dusting powder is a light and refreshing finish to your bathing routine.  Any where skin rubs on skin like under your breasts or the joints of your legs is the perfect place for a light puff of powder.  It is really wonderful in the sweat filled summer but I use it all year round.
The recipe is an equal mix of corn starch, arrowroot and baking soda with just a light touch of scented oil.  Mix it together and place in a pretty container.  I use a cheese shaker from the dollar store.  The puff in this picture is just 3 layers of fleece left from a baby blanket  project cut into a circle, sewn right sides together, leaving a small part unsewn for turning and  and turned right side out .  I glued the open part with fabric glue held in place with clothes pins until dry.  I've also used faux lambs wool made the same way for puffs.  I'm sending this combo to a magazine for consideration to be published, I'll let you know how that turns out.


No comments:

Post a Comment